Friday, April 25, 2008


Hi all. I've just finished the first three books in the Saxon Chronicles (starts with Lords of the North) by Bernard Cornwell and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of swordplay and pillaging during the reign of Alfred the Great. I'm in a medieval historical fiction rut and loving it.

Also, in a medieval fantasy vein, the new George R. R. Martin Song of Fire and Ice book, Dance with Dragons, is supposed to come out in September, so there's plenty of time to read the first four books in that series in anticipation. :)

Happy reading....I miss you all.
Amy

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry, the series starts with "The Last Kingdom." Carry on.

Emilia said...

You are missed too, dear broad from abroad. In fact last night, someone suggested a book about a "poor little rich girl aristocrat". My first thought was, "Yeah, but Amy hates books like that."

Steven said...

I've read The Last Kingdom and the Pale Horseman with plans to read Lords of the North soon, and then Sword Song. Have you read any of Cornwell's other novels? I'd recommend the Grail Quest Series and the Arthurian series.

As for George Martin, he's my favorite fantasy author. I love ASOIF. I still have to read Feast for Crows before his new one comes out this fall.

Steven
http://steventill.com