Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rapunzel's Revenge

The story of Rapunzel as told by Shannon Hale and her husband Dean Hale in graphic novel form and set in a wild west type setting.  I picked this up from the library and when I looked for it later that afternoon discovered that my children had taken off with it.  All three of them had to read it before it was permitted to come back my way.  That tells you something, I suppose.  All four of us enjoyed it quite a bit on our various levels.  As a parent, I appreciated that it was a graphic novel without scantily clad, overly buxom women.  As a person, I liked how spunky the character of Rapunzel was and how she interacted with her sidekick, Jack.  (Yes, he happened to carry around a magic bean with him.)  A short and delightful read.

No comments: