Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blood Noir

I have read all of the books in the Anita Blake series. This one is the latest. Not her best. The only thing that kept me reading was the tiny bit of story line mixed in with all the sex. The first books in the series are really good. A story line that is not the norm. About a woman who when she was a child raised her pet from the dead. (It wasn't pleasant) It's about a time when vampires are citizens with rights, there are werepeople, (wereswans, wererats, werebears, etc..) and she becomes a Federal Marshal who has to keep them all in line. She is also a Necromancer. She raises people from the dead so their family, lawyers, etc. can ask them questions that need answering and then she puts them back to death. Really fun books. BUT.... the last couple have been more about sex than good story line. I would recommend the first ones, but I can't say I would recommend the last 2.

No comments: