Thursday, June 19, 2008

Outlander

Wow. I just finished reading this wonderful first book in a (deliciously) long series by Diana Gabaldon. Many of the broads have already read this book as they were the ones who insisted that I try it. It was 850 pages of pure reading happiness. I am one who adores a long, good book. And I can be brought to the very edge of panting with desire if there is a whole series of long, good books. So you may never see me again for the rest of the summer as I chew my way through these babies. I would recommend them to any and all. Do not fear the length. Though the length will play havoc on my attempt to read 10 books for my summer reading list at the library. Oh, heck with it! I will just have to sacrifice myself to the series (and give the kids p.b. & j.'s for the rest of the summer) in order to read them all and meet my goal. Gotta have the tote bag. I just gotta!

3 comments:

ricracsally said...

But, see, there are 7 books for you to add to the list that belong to the series...(including the companion, which--yes--I have for you to barrow ;)), so you will be just FINE for the Library book club! SO glad you love them...
And then, of course, there are the Lord John books, so you are SET!
When, oh when, will An Echo in the Bone be out??!! Waiting patiently for next book...

Emilia said...

See, now these books are why I ignored my family from December until February. I had to read all the Lord John ones, too.

ricracsally said...

They are literary CRACK!!

Tiffani (honorary broad)