Friday, November 14, 2008

Wicked Lovely

A young woman who has the ability to see fairies finds herself sought after by one of their Kings.  This was the first book in a long time that sucked me in.  I read it in one day, which used to happen all the time, but lately hasn't.  It was nice to realize that I can still do that.  I read on another blog (sorry, I can't remember which one)  that "Wicked Lovely" is kind of like "Twilight" for Goth girls.  I would agree with that.  For instance, the main love interest is a guy with multiple piercings.  Marr describes these piercings (which seem never ending) in detail.  Frankly, that doesn't really do it for me, so I sort of winced through physical descriptions of him.  That being said, I enjoyed the story and the day long escape from reality it provided.

We also did this as a book group book, and while everyone had complaints, it seemed to be enjoyed overall.

No comments: